Monday, September 28, 2009

US sticking it's nose where it DOES belong

Many people make the argument that the United States should offer it's help to other countries instead of forcing it upon them.  I feel differently.  There is a time and a place when the US has needed to intervene and I honestly believed that it has helped these countries overall.  For instance in 2003 the US invaded Iraq and brought down their president Sadaam Hussein.  however, I am not condoning the Iraq war, there were many unnecessary things done during the Iraq war that I believe were morally wrong.  And yes, for all of you out there asking what about all the bombings and civilians killed because of the war, they didn't deserve it and I do not condone it at all.  Another example of when the US has "butted" in for a good reason is in afghanistan.  They are in Afghanistan for all the right reasons but acting in all the wrong ways.  So what I am trying to say is that there is a time and place for the US to intervene without offering help first.  This intervention should also include some rules so that war crimes and things of that nature do not happen.

1 comment:

  1. Casualties are an unfortunate side-effect of forced interventions. While we overthrew a terrible dictator, what will the government that we put in place become the moment we step out? I think it's very possible that the same situation will occur, meaning the only difference is the 100,000+ civilians that have been killed due to the unrest we have created. So you can choose not to condone the violence, but it's happening because of our intervention, which you do condone. P.S. I love you Rhaya. Thank you for fixing my foot.

    ReplyDelete